The “Quranic Foundations” course is designed for individuals seeking to develop a foundational understanding of the Quran along with correct pronunciation (Tajweed). This program focuses on ensuring participants not only grasp the basic meaning of Quranic verses but also recite them with precision, adhering to the principles of Tajweed.
- Introduction to the Quran (Module 1):
- Begin by introducing the Quran’s significance, structure, and the importance of approaching its study with reverence. Explore the linguistic aspects of the Arabic language used in the Quran.
- Basic Quranic Reading (Module 2):
- Start with the fundamental skills of reading the Quran, covering the Arabic alphabet, basic vocabulary, and simple phrases commonly found in the Quranic text.
- Tajweed Principles (Module 3):
- Dive into the principles of Tajweed, focusing on correct pronunciation, elongation (Madd), and other rules that enhance the beauty and precision of Quranic recitation.
- Selected Surahs and Verses (Module 4):
- Study selected surahs and verses, emphasizing both comprehension and proper pronunciation. This module introduces learners to key themes and messages within the Quran.
- Memorization Techniques (Module 5):
- Explore effective memorization techniques to aid in committing selected verses to memory. This module provides practical tips for those interested in memorizing portions of the Quran.
- Common Mistakes and Corrections (Module 6):
- Address common mistakes in Quranic recitation and provide guidance on correcting them. Emphasize the importance of accuracy in preserving the integrity of the Quranic text.
- Duas and Supplications (Module 7):
- Learn commonly recited supplications and duas from the Quran, connecting the study of the Quran with practical applications in daily life.
- Practical Application and Review (Module 8):
- Conclude the course with practical exercises, recitation sessions, and a comprehensive review of the key concepts covered throughout the program.
This course is suitable for beginners and those seeking to refresh their understanding of Quranic reading and pronunciation. Join us in “Quranic Foundations” as we embark on a journey to unlock the beauty of the Quran through both comprehension and correct recitation.
Registration: Students must be registered in the last week of August to start at the beginning of the school year (in September each year). Please download, fill out the registration form, and deliver filled form and payment to the Imam.
Age: Students must be 6 years old and above.
Availability: Class availability is on a first come first serve basis.
Days and groups: Classes will be conducted with two groups of students who will participate for two days every week.
Group A: Monday & Wednesday, and Group B: Tuesday & Thursday.
Schedule: Classes will be from Monday to Thursday at 6-8 pm (March – November) and 5-7 pm (November – March).
Duration: Classes will be for 10 months each year (excluding one-month Ramadan, March break, winter break, Eid days and statutory holidays).
Payment: The payment for the evening madrassa ($ 50 per student per month) is to be made by one-time direct deposit, pre-authorized, machine or a bank-cheque to the MSOG account at the beginning of the semester in September. Or, in case needed, the payment could be made by a couple of bank cheques over a period of time. The MSOG is not encouraging any cash payment for the evening madrassa. Please download and fill out the form for the payment.
Receipt: The total payment for the evening madrassa will be counted as a donation to the mosque, the receipt will be provided at the end of the year, and you may use the receipt for the tax return.
Bursary: In case needed, parents can apply for the bursary to the MSOG who might not afford the cost.
Please Contact Imam Ibrahim for more information.