Welcoming the month of Ramadan
Praise belongs to Allah who guided us to His praise.
Dear Community Members Assalam-O-Alaikum WRB
Alhamduliallah we will begin the holy month of Ramadan on Thursday, March 23, 2023, with the first Taraweeh prayers of Ramadan on Wednesday, March 22, 2023, at 9:15 PM. We pray to Allah to accept everyone’s fast. ‘And praise belongs to Allah who appointed among those roads His month, the month of Ramadan’. Insha’Allah, Imam Ibrahim Gangat and Hafiz Mubeen Butt will be leading the Taraweeh prayers. This Ramadan we will be welcoming everyone (Sisters and Brothers including Children), however, please perform Wadu at home as there is a limited access to the washrooms due to the construction. There will be paid babysitting arrangements during the taraweeh prayers, if you are interested, please register here.
We are excited to announce a Welcome Ramadan event on Saturday, March 18, 2023, at 5:30 PM at our centre. Please register for the event
Insha’Allah we are again running Ramadan Food Hamper drive at our Masjid. However, we are only accepting the following items. Please bring one or more of the following items to the Masjid and place it in the bins located at Meezan School Entrance under the canopy.
- All Purpose Flour
- Rice, Salt
- Vegetable Oil
- Sugar bags, 4KG
- Ghee or Cooking Oil
- Coffee or coffee beans
- Tea bags
- Canned beans / chickpeas / Lentils
- Oatmeal and Pasta
- Toiletries and feminine hygiene
Muslim Society of Guelph is extending help to any needy family in the community. If you are or know anyone who is in need of basic food items, kindly let us know and we will contact them for their needs. Insha’Allah we will do our best to accommodate as many needy as possible.
Insha’Allah there will be a daily short (12-15 minutes) program before the iftar by one of our Imams. Kindly visit our facebook page to take benefit from our Imams’ for those who are unable to attend Iftars in-person. Insha’Allah use this opportunity to connect with your masjid and your brothers n sisters in Islam.
- Insha’Allah there will be weekly iftar/dinner events starting from Saturday, March 25, 2023 (Four Saturdays and one Friday April 14, 2023) – If you want to sponsor iftar event, please let us know). Kindly register for the weekly events to help us make proper arrangements.
- Khatam al Quran will be on the night of 27th of Ramadan (Monday, April 17, 2023). Dessert and Sweets will be provided by the sisters of community.
- I’tekaaf begins before Maghrib on Thursday, April 11, 2023: Beginning of last ten nights.
- Annual fundraising event will be held on Friday April 14, 2023, Insha’Allah during the Friday prayers at 1:15 pm.
- EID AL FITR will be on Friday, April 21, 2023, Insha’Allah. Details of Eid program will come at later date.
May Allah make it easy so we can enjoy the blessing of Ramadan and once again breakfast with each other. Aameen
The monthly expenses to run your community Centre and organize the daily and Friday prayers are $15,000. Kindly participate and take care of the OPERATION of your MASJID for ONE DAY by donating.
Select a method to donate.
- E-transfer, (There is no cost to MSOG via etransfer and your 100% donation comes to us)
- Become a monthly donor by participating in the Dollar A Day for Barakah
- Mailing cheque payable to Muslim Society of Guelph to: 286 Water Street, Guelph, ON N1G 1B8
- Or call our IMAM at 1-519-546-3941 and he will take your credit card details or banking information to process one-time or set up monthly donations.
- Or provide us your phone number and we can call you to help you process your donation.
- You can click the QR Code and donate.
Thank you for your continued support of your community centre.
Copyright 2023, All Rights Reserved
Leave Your Comments