Welcoming the month of Ramadan
Praise belongs to Allah who guided us to His praise
Dear Community Members Assalam-O-Alaikum WRB
Alhamduliallah we will begin the holy month of Ramadan on Saturday, April 2, 2022 with the first Taraweeh prayers of Ramadan on Friday, April 1, 2022 at 9:30 PM. We pray to Allah to accept everyone’s fast. ‘And praise belongs to Allah who appointed among those roads His month, the month of Ramadan’. InshaAllah, Imam Ibrahim Gangat and Hafiz Mubeen Butt will be leading the Taraweeh prayers. This Ramadan we will be welcoming everyone (Sisters and Brothers including Children) to in-person Taraweeh prayers at full capacity. We will also be live streaming the taraweeh prayers on MSOG Facebook page.
InshaAllah, we are excited to announce a Welcome Ramadan event on Saturday, March 26, 2022 at 5:30 PM at our centre. It will be an in person event as the government has lifted the COVID restriction. We pray for everyone’s health and safety during Ramadan and looking forward to enjoy in-person Taraweeh and Iftaar with our community. Please register for the event
InshaAllah we are again running Ramadan Food Hamper drive at our Masjid. However, we are only accepting the following items. Please bring one or more of the following items to the Masjid and place it in the bins located at Meezan School Entrance under the canopy.
- All Purpose Flour
- Rice, Salt
- Vegetable Oil
- Sugar bags, 4KG
- Ghee or Cooking Oil
- Coffee or coffee beans
- Tea bags
- Canned beans / chickpeas / Lentils
- Oatmeal and Pasta
- Toiletries and feminine hygiene
Muslim Society of Guelph is extending help to any needy family in the community. If you are or know anyone who is in need of basic food items, kindly let us know and we will contact them for their needs. InshaAllah we will do our best to accommodate as many needy as possible.
InshaAllah there will be a daily short (12-15 minutes) program before the iftar by one of our Imams. Kindly visit our facebook page to take benefit from our Imams’ as we are unable to hold Iftars together. InshaAllah use this opportunity to connect with your masjid and your brothers n sisters in Islam.
- InshaAllah there will be weekly iftar/dinner events starting from Saturday, April 9, 2022 (Three Saturdays and last one would be on Friday April 29, 2022) at Khatamul Quran – If you want to sponsor iftar event, please let us know). Kindly register for the weekly events to help us make proper arrangements
- There will be an special event on the night of 27th of Ramadan (Wednesday, April 27th, 2022). Iftar and dinner will be provided by one of our volunteers family for the esaal-a-sawaab for those who has passed away in their family (May Allah place them in Jannatul Firdous – Aameen). Kindly register for the event.
- I’tekaaf begins before Maghrib on Thursday, April 21, 2022: Beginning of last ten nights
- Khatamul Quran & Annual fundraising event will be on Friday April 29, 2022 InshaAllah on the 29th Night of Ramadan. Dua will be live streamed as well
- EID AL FITR will be on Monday, May 2, 2022 InshaAllah. Details of Eid program will come at later date.
May Allah make it easy so we can enjoy the blessing of Ramadan and once again break fast with each other. Aameen
The monthly expenses to run your community centre and organize the daily and Friday prayers are $15,000. Kindly participate and take care of the OPERATION of your MASJID for ONE DAY by donating.
- E-transfer, (There is no cost to MSOG via etransfer and your 100% donation comes to us)
- Become a monthly donor by participating in the Dollar A Day for Barakah
- Mailing cheque payable to Muslim Society of Guelph to: 286 Water Street, Guelph, ON N1G 1B8
- Or call our IMAM at 1-519-546-3941 and he will take your credit card details or banking information to process one-time or set up monthly donations
- Or provide us your phone number and we can call you to help you process your donation.
- You can click the QR Code and donate
Thank you for your continued support of your community centre.